A narcissist has certain personality traits, for example:
- An overwhelming desire to be admired
- Has to be seen as a good person
- A feeling they have to be right and also be critical of others
- Lacking in remorse but often charismatic
- Emotionally manipulative but seemingly lacking in personal emotion
- Elevated sense of self importance
- Holds grudges
- Jealous of others.
These qualities often make it tough to resolve issues in relationships. Read on to learn more.
Divorcing A Narcissist Man
When children are a factor in a relationship with someone who has the characteristics, we mentioned above, the narcissist may use the children as pawns in a game of manipulation as they will want to win at all costs. Look at some of the further “qualities” a narcissist can exhibit when you divorce them:
- Try to influence and control your life
- Dictate how child support money is utilized
- Dictate terms for each and every aspect of co-parenting
- They may look for opportunities to abuse you, financially and domestically if they detect you may be weak
Narcissists will use fear, guilt, and shame on you regardless of your success. Their purpose is to cause hostility and confusion. The answer is to change your response to them and be aware of the tricks they may play. Remember, they will always try to make you out as the bad person.
To a narcissist their fantasy is their reality. But by maintaining toy behavior, you can control what you will and will not permit. Remember communication from your end needs to be respectful and free from manipulation and conflict. It is a good idea to limit all communications via email.
A divorce attorney who understands narcissistic personality order will be a great help and you may want to consider the services of a therapist who can assist you through the journey of dealing with a narcissist.
Need an Affordable Divorce lawyer in Scottsdale?
The High Desert Family Law Group should be your first choice when you need the best divorce lawyer in Scottsdale or Phoenix, Arizona. Our experienced family law attorneys will work with you to obtain the best possible outcome in your situation. Proven trial lawyers in family court, you can trust the firm to represent you fully so you can get on with your life. Call today for your initial consultation.